Massive congratulations to Madeleine in 2D!
Over the last few months, the class have been learning poetry ‘by heart’ and reciting it from memory.
Madeleine has successfully memorised all 15 of the poems set….and recited them all, one after the other – a remarkable feat!
- Hope is the Thing with Feathers – Emily Dickinson
- The Trees – Philip Larkin
- Leisure – William Henry Davies
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening – Robert Frost
- Please Mrs Butler – Allan Ahlberg
- How Do I Love Thee – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- A Red, Red Rose – Robert Burns
- Remember – Christina Rossetti
- No Second Troy – William Butler
- Ozymandias – Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The Witch – Mary Elizabeth Coleridge
- I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud – William Wordsworth
- Solitude – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- Jabberwocky – Lewis Carroll
- The Seven Ages of Man – William Shakespeare (from As You Like It)